Do you like to work and travel but also want more time at home? If so, being an Independent Contractor with PM2 may be the work you are looking for. We travel on specific projects to cities in the U.S, and typically work a few weeks at a time. Then we go home (for as long as we want) and get the next project when we are ready to go back out again. We implement and execute project plans at individual client locations involving customized inventory content, stockroom services, and materials management consulting.
This might include creating inventory databases by identifying and capturing parts information, relocation and consolidation of products, shelf/rack assembly, item cross-referencing, and/or physical inventory counts.
You would be working as a casual (full time but not necessarily all of the time) traveling Independent Contractor. A Contractor is, among other things, self- employed, works under their own direction, and responsible for paying their own business costs like laptop computer, personal protective equipment, liability insurance and employment taxes. Contractors are not employees and would not represent themselves as employees.
Every project is inventory related and can be as short as 1-2 weeks or as long as several months. If you are self-driven, want to ditch the office and/or prefer a flexibility that traditional jobs don’t offer, you should consider working remotely as a traveling contractor. It can be a fun and fulfilling way to make a living.
This will involve travel- All of our projects are for a specified amount of time at a customer site and those sites can be anywhere in the U.S. or North America. Travel expenses are reimbursed weekly. We are working for different clients and needs change frequently so we cannot guarantee what area of the country you would be working in, however, being an Independent Contractor means that you can choose which projects you want to work on. It also means you can work as much or as little as you want. If you want to only work 1 or 2 weeks a month, we can accommodate that. We usually keep all our contractors as busy as they want to be.
This work requires compliance with general company guidelines for every project as well as a customized scope of work based on the needs specific to each job. We use a team-based model with a Project Manager as Facilitator (that is this position) so you must be able to effectively lead small groups of specialists, follow scope of work direction, and handle partner/customer communications and relationships.
Primary duties (not at all projects)
- Capture inventory parts information using laptop-based software.
- Describe items using proper syntax during data collection ensuring data
- Verify inventory accuracy throughout project engagements.
- Research item information utilizing supplier catalogs and reference
- Relocate and consolidate inventory items.
- Assemble storage systems like bulk rack, shelving & cabinets.
- Count physical inventory.
- Apply location and product identification labels.
- Manage business expenses professionally & accurately to policy, budget, &
- Compile and submit expense reports daily and weekly.
- Track tasks performed for billing purposes and submit daily/weekly.
- Act as primary interface between client, project team & partners
- Identify & remove barriers as related to projects & processes
- Ensure that all tasks & processes are complete to support a fully operational
- Collaborate with others in problem solving & creating ideas for
- Coordinate travel itinerary, investigate lowest cost alternatives & review with
- 2-5 years management or leadership experience
- Industrial product or MRO parts knowledge/experience preferred.
- Ability to travel extensively. You will be traveling most of the time.
- MS Office knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within specific deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Capability to work from home when not traveling (which is most of the
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50lbs.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Having forklift experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Must have windows-based laptop equipped with MS Business Office
software including MS Access
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Personal Protective Equipment to include steel toe boots, safety glasses,
hard hats, face masks, hand sanitizer, etc. as required at various sites
- Living within 50 miles of a major airport is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Participate & lead meetings with clients, implementation team, sales force, &
- Excellent organizational & decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- COVID-19 vaccination (or willingness to be vaccinated beginning
We Support and Hire Veterans!
Interested In Working With Us?
If you meet the requirements here, please upload your resume and we’ll be in touch