Do you like to work and travel but also want more time at home? If so, being a casual Independent Contractor with PM2 may be the work you are looking for. We travel on specific projects to cities in the U.S, and typically work a few weeks at a time. Then we go home (for as long as we want) and get the next project when we are ready to go back out again. We implement and execute project plans at individual client locations involving customized inventory content, stockroom services, and materials management consulting.
This might include creating inventory databases by identifying and capturing parts information, relocation and consolidation of products, shelf/rack assembly, item cross-referencing, and/or physical inventory counts.
You would be working as a casual (full time but not necessarily all of the time) traveling Independent Contractor. A Contractor is, among other things, self-employed, works under their own direction, and responsible for paying their own business costs like lap-top computer, personal protective equipment, liability insurance and employment taxes. Contractors are not employees and would not represent themselves as employees.
Every project is inventory related and can be as short as 1-2 weeks or as long as several months. If you are self-driven, want to ditch the office and/or prefer a flexibility that traditional jobs don’t offer, you should consider working remotely as a traveling contractor. It can be a fun and fulfilling way to make a living.
This will involve travel- All of our projects are for a specified amount of time at a customer site and those sites can be anywhere in the U.S. or North America. Travel expenses are reimbursed weekly. We are working for different clients and needs change frequently so we cannot guarantee what area of the country you would be working in, however, being an Independent Contractor means that you can choose which projects you want to work on. It also means you can work as much or as little as you want. If you want to only work 1 or 2 weeks a month, we can accommodate that. We usually keep all our contractors as busy as they want to be.
This work requires compliance with general company guidelines for every project as well as a customized scope of work based on the needs specific to each job. We use a team-based model
with a Project Manager as Facilitator so you must be able to follow scope of work direction and work well with other team members.
Primary duties (not at all projects)
- Capture inventory parts information using laptop-based software.
- Describe items using proper syntax during data collection ensuring data integrity.
- Verify inventory accuracy throughout project engagements.
- Research item information utilizing supplier catalogs and reference materials.
- Relocate and consolidate inventory items.
- Assemble storage systems like bulk rack, shelving & cabinets.
- Count physical inventory.
- Apply location and product identification labels.
- Coordinate travel arrangements with other team members.
- Manage business expenses professionally and accurately.
- Compile and submit expense reports daily and weekly.
- Track tasks performed for billing purposes and submit daily/weekly.
- Experience in industrial maintenance or distribution helpful
- Materials Management or MRO parts knowledge/experience preferred.
- Ability to travel extensively. You will be traveling most of the time.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within specific deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Capability to work from home when not traveling (which is most of the time).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50lbs.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Having forklift experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Must have windows-based laptop equipped with MS Business Office software including MS Access
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Personal Protective Equipment to include steel toe boots, safety glasses, hard hats, face masks, hand sanitizer, etc. as required at various sites
- Living within 50 miles of a major airport is a plus
We Support and Hire Veterans!
Interested In Working With Us?
If you meet the requirements here, please upload your resume and we’ll be in touch