We are currently searching for Independent Contractors to implement and execute inventory data projects to include: creating, cross-referencing, researching, correcting, enhancing and/or standardizing MRO product databases.
It is imperative that there is a good knowledge of MRO products. People who have worked in a purchasing or ordering capacity or worked as facility, warehouse, storeroom or parts room personnel do quite well in this type of work. Additionally, if they have worked for an MRO company or worked in MRO database management that may also be useful.
The successful candidate would be working remotely as a 1099 Contractor. A 1099 Contractor is, among other things, self-employed, works under their own direction, and responsible for paying their own employment taxes. They are not employees and would not represent themselves as employees. There is no guarantee of full-time work all of the time. We will strive to keep you as busy as you want to be but there are down times. Many of our contractors like this aspect of this work because it helps balance times of heavy work to have time off for recreation or other jobs they like to do. If you are self-driven, want to ditch the office and/or prefer a flexibility that traditional jobs don’t offer, you should consider working remotely as a 1099 Contractor.
This work requires compliance with general company guidelines for every job as well as a customized scope of work based on the needs specific to each job. For data projects you will be given a scope of work and will be mostly self-directed.
Primary duties (not at all projects)
- Verify inventory accuracy throughout project engagements.
- Research item information utilizing supplier catalogs, internet and reference materials.
- Track tasks performed for billing purposes and submit information daily/weekly.
- Acquire data from different sources, review for accuracy, and efficiently update customer provided data with same
- Cross reference data from one database, updating and enhancing a 2nd database
- Standardize data to meet PM2 and/or customer specifications
- Work in MS Excel spreadsheets as well as MS Access databases
- Ability to communicate by phone and internet-based meetings
- Be available within an hour of notification for calls and/or return of data files when on an active project
- Maintain files, logs and other related documentation
- May involve special projects and ad hoc assignments
- MRO parts knowledge/experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Capability to work remotely from home
- Computer equipped with MS Business 365 software to include Access
- Detail oriented with ability to analyze and follow processes
- Results orientated, excellent analytical, process and problem-solving skills
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and have an eye for standardization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- The ability to work within several data files and internet searches simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Internet and phone access
We Support and Hire Veterans!
Interested In Working With Us?
If you meet the requirements here, please upload your resume and we’ll be in touch